Harbor House Publishers is a magazine, directory, guide, book and newsletter publisher with a specialty in regional publications. Established in 1969, Harbor House Publishers is based in Boyne City, Michigan and publishes the quarterly magazine Great Lakes/Seaway Review, and a number of custom annual Chamber of Commerce directories and visitor guides for Convention & Visitor Bureaus.
Harbor House Publishers provides a full turn-key, including concept, research, writing, editing, sales and marketing, photo shoots, design, production, manufacturing and fulfillment. An interactive digital format is available for every publication we produce.
Harbor House Publishers' specialization in and knowledge of the Great Lakes region, its demographics, commerce and tourism are intangibles which come to our clients without cost, yet are reflected in the care and professionalism we put into any publication we produce.
Harbor House views the relationship with our clients as one of partnership, working together to improve and enhance your publications and marketing tools to best serve your needs.
How may we be of service to you?
I am crazy about dogs, particularly Golden Retrievers. My other passions include my family, community development, hosting gatherings, physics, cosmology and life in Northern Michigan.
Vice President / Publisher
If you’re here, chances are your media company has hit a roadblock. Perhaps you’re an established brand but you’ve come to the realization that old methods are no longer producing the results you want to see. Perhaps you’re a new magazine, hoping to gain footing in an increasingly digital world.
Whatever the case may be, I know your business and the challenges you’re facing. Through creative, strategic solutions, together we can get you on the right track toward positive results.
Digital Media Director
As Digital Media Director with Bound Media Group, my desire is to help develop effective digital strategies for our advertising partners across all our publications. Whether it is a custom print publication or advertising in one of our many properties such as The Waterways Journal, Harbor House or High Plains Journal, I am here to help you navigate the digital landscape.
I also have my own film company and enjoy teaching at Wichita State University and Southwestern College such as film production, storytelling, editing, computer science, web development, business strategies and marketing.
I'm inclined to be outside as much as possible, enjoying human-powered adventure; especially hiking, cross-country skiing, camping, and kayaking. I live in Boyne City with my wife, Christie, and dog, Ruby.
My family enjoying beautiful Northern Michigan where we have lived for over 30 years and love everything it has to offer. We ski, bike, kayak, paddleboard, hike, boat and play in the outdoors every chance we get.
We are committed to encouraging, creating and sustaining an environment that honors the inherent dignity of every member of our business.
Respectful behavior should always be the norm in all forms of communications and in all situations.
AS A COMPANY
- We welcome a diverse range of perspectives and opinions and uphold the importance of civil debate.
- We fully support the free exchange of ideas and beliefs, as well as the expression of provocative or less popular ideas.
- We believe that only through the process of open and honest dialogue can we generate knowledge and deepen our mutual understanding.
- We believe all members of the team have a responsibility to behave in a manner that does not harm others and shows respect for those with different opinions.
- Behavior that attacks, humiliates, belittles or conveys personal hatred toward others diminishes our thriving and safe office environment.
- Everyone is asked to do their part in creating a healthy and positive office environment and a culture that truly values each person's uniqueness, experiences and perspectives.
We can disagree without being disagreeable.